Instagram now allows you to put your favorite music on your Stories, letting you make them an even more interesting addition to your feed.
From using the Instagram app itself to using music streaming apps, here are some of the ways to add music to an Instagram Story…
Add Music to an Instagram Story From the App
Thanks to Facebook securing deals with many music companies, you can now choose from loads of music tracks to add to your Stories from within the Instagram app.
In the app, you can search for music, find music tracks by accessing various categories, and even get suggestions for what music you should be using in your Stories.
When creating an Instagram Story, you’ll actually add music as a sticker—just like the poll or tag sticker.
Here’s how to do this:
- Add a photo or video to your Instagram Story.
- Tap the stickers icon at the top.
- Select the Music sticker.
- Search for the music track you want to use by checking music categories or using the music suggestions from Instagram itself.
- Once you’ve chosen a music track, you’ll see a slider that you can drag to mark the portion of the song that you want to add to your Story. You need to do this because Instagram restricts the snippet to 15 seconds.
- When you’ve specified the music portion you want to use, tap Done.
- You can now move and place the music sticker anywhere you want in your Story. You can change the sticker’s size as well by pinching in or pinching out on it.
- Finally, tap Your Story to publish the story to your account. Or, tap Send to and send the story to specific people.
Put Music on an Instagram Story Using Spotify
If you use Spotify, you can actually directly add your favorite music tracks from the Spotify app to your Instagram Stories.
The share menu in Spotify allows you to do this. If this is how you want to add music to your Instagram Story, the following steps should help you out:
- Open Spotify and find the music track you want to add to your Story.
- Tap the three-dots at the top-right and select Share.
- Tap the Instagram icon on the share sheet.
- Your Spotify music track will appear as a sticker on the story creation screen. You can move around the sticker if you want.
- When you’re ready to publish the Story, tap Your Story at the bottom.
Add a Song to an Instagram Story Using SoundCloud
Like Spotify, SoundCloud also lets you post music on your Instagram Stories using the share menu.
As long as you’re logged in to your SoundCloud account in the app, and you know where your music track is, you can use the following steps to add the song to your new Instagram Story:
- Launch the SoundCloud app and select your favorite track.
- Tap the share icon at the bottom.
- Select the Instagram Stories icon from the bottom bar.
- Your selected music track will appear as a sticker in your Story. Feel free to move it around or change its size.
- Tap Your Story when you’re ready and your Story will go live.
Add Music to Make Your Instagram Stories More Appealing
If you’re finding your Instagram Stories dull and you want to spice them up a bit, adding some music to them is a really good idea. Instagram lets you add music to your Stories using various ways: you can add music from within the app, or you can fetch music tracks from some of the popular streaming sites.
There are many ways to make your Instagram Stories interesting, with adding music being one of them.