Netflix is available on every device under the sun and that includes your smart TV. Once you’ve set up Netflix, it should remember your details and keep you signed in.
However, there might be the occasion when you need to sign out of Netflix on your smart TV. Perhaps someone else wants to log in, or you’re selling the TV.
Whatever the reason, it’s simple to log out of Netflix on any smart TV. Here’s how.
How to Log Out of Netflix on Any Smart TV
- Open the Netflix app. If you’re not already, go to the home screen, which you can get to by continuously pressing Return on your remote.
- Press Left on your remote to open the menu.
- Press Down on your remote until Get Help is highlighted, then press the Select button.
- Press Down on your remote until Sign out is highlighted, then press the Select button.
- You will be asked if you’re sure that you want to sign out. Press the Select button to confirm.
You might notice that there are menu options to Reload Netflix and Exit Netflix. Note that neither of these will sign you out of your Netflix account, but instead reload or close the Netflix app.
If for some reason you can’t access the Netflix menu or find your way to the Get Help page, use your remote to enter the following sequence: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. It will jump you to the Get Help page.
Once you have signed out, you then get the option to sign in to another Netflix account. Remember to sign out again following these steps if you only want this to be temporary.
Watch Netflix on Your Smart TV Without the App
Though having the Netflix app on your smart TV is the easiest way to watch, it isn’t the only method. You can also connect Netflix to your TV with your phone, Windows PC, and more.